The Pineapple Awards seeks to honor individuals — wherever they may work in or with the visitor industry — for their leadership in the industry, their achievements in presenting an authentic Hawaii visitor experience, and their community involvement.
Our honorees could be a stellar hotel GM, a pivotal policymaker, a promotions genius, a gifted artisan or musician, an innovative chef, an educator, and more. It’s our belief that people make the difference, so this is your chance to nominate your people who are making that difference for your organization and Hawaii’s visitors.
The ideal nomination will tell us specifically what the nominee has done to demonstrate leadership through their work, how they’ve presented the Islands through the visitor experience they’ve helped create, and what they do outside of their daily duties to give back to the industry and community.
Honorees will be recognized in a special section of PACIFIC BUSINESS NEW's print edition on June 2, 2023.
Nomination Deadline Extended to March 31, 2023
To ensure your nomination is as competitive as possible,
please review the following tips:
1. Ensure that all areas of the nomination are filled out, and each question is answered. The judges can only work off of information provided in the nomination packet and/or letters of support- so if something isn’t listed, it can’t be considered.
2. For ease, feel free to use bullet points, numbers, etc. instead of full paragraphs.
3. The best and most successful nominations include facts and figures, not opinions. For example, let us know how a person or company increased revenue that year and provide numbers, vs. letting us know that they are “great to work with”.
4. Make sure the nomination is submitted on time.
5. For more information on the nomination process, please contact Rose Balagtas at email@example.com or (808)955-8072.