The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization led by a Board of Directors. The Board is assisted by committees that work to:
- Develop Chamber initiatives for board approval
- Oversee and evaluate Chamber programs
- Collect and share knowledge about issues and concerns in the community
- Provide expertise and guidance
Committee involvement is an opportunity for Chamber members to work on topics of interest, exhibit skills/experience, and build professional networks - all while helping the Chamber achieve its mission and vision!
Chamber members in good standing are welcome to join a committee. For more information, please contact the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-329-1758.
Economic Development Committee (EDC)
- Goal: To create a beneficial economic environment for the West Hawai‘i business community.
- Objectives: This committee explores issues on the federal, state, and local levels affecting business, drafts the Chamber's legislative priorities and monitors bills throughout the legislative session.
- Committee Chairs: Ross Wilson of Current Events
- Meetings: The EDC meets the third Tuesday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Jack's Diving Locker conference room in the Coconut Grove Marketplace located at 75-5813 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawai‘i 96740. Committee members are welcome to attend in person or call-in.
- Government Affairs Committee: During an election year, EDC members periodically convene the Government Affairs Committee to assist with Chamber sponsored Candidate Forums, a service provided to the community.
Education and Workforce Development Committee (ED & WFD)
- Goal: To facilitate connections to promote opportunities between the education and business communities for the development of Hawai‘i Island's existing and future workforce.
- Objectives: Assess West Hawai‘i's workforce needs, develop and oversee the Chamber's education program and support and collaborate with Hawai‘i Community College - Palamanui.
- Committee Chair: Dr. Farrah-Marie Gomes, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, UH Hilo.
- Meetings: The ED & WFD Committee meets the second Wednesday of the month from 10 - 11:30 a.m. at the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Center, 75-5737 Kuakini Highway, Suite 208, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. Committee members are welcome to attend in person or call-in.
- Goal: Communicates with the Chamber membership and community-at-large the mission, vision and values of the Chamber.
- Objectives: Develops Chamber's Annual Marketing Strategy, oversees the Chamber's Ali‘i Circle Program, provides communications/marketing expertise and support as needed.
- Committee Chair: Lisa Freudenberger, Marketing Director of West Hawai‘i Community Health Center.
- Meetings: The Chamber's Marketing Committee meets the first Tuesday of each month from 1:00 - 2:15 p.m. at the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Center, 75-5737 Kuakini Highway, Suite 208, Kailua-Kona, Hawai‘i 96740. Committee members are welcome to attend in person or call-in.
- Goal: Works to increase Chamber membership and assists in providing quality networking opportunities and events that support and uphold the Chamber mission and vision.
- Objectives: Conducts the Chamber's Annual Membership Campaign, oversees the Chamber's Ambassador Program, provides expertise and support as needed with membership recruitment and retention.
- Committee Chair: Michelle Conrey with ALTRES Staffing
- Meetings: The Chamber's Membership Committee meets the third Thursday of each month from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Center, 75-5737 Kuakini Highway, Suite 208, Kailua-Kona, Hawai‘i 96740. Committee members are welcome to attend in person or call-in.
- Goal: Promotes sustainable and environmentally responsible business practices and environmental stewardship.
- Objectives: Develops environmentally focused Chamber initiatives and oversees and supports the Kuleana Green Business Program including the annual Kuleana Green Business Fair.
- Committee Chair: Candee Ellsworth, Executive Director of Friends of NELHA and Co-Chair Teri Leicher, Managing Partner of Jack's Diving Locker
- Meetings: The Chamber's Sustainability Committee meets the first Thursday of each month from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. at the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Center, 75-5737 Kuakini Highway, Suite 208, Kailua-Kona, Hawai‘i 96740. Committee members are welcome to attend in person or call-in.