Member Benefits & Services
The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit member organization that exists to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Members are businesses, organizations or individuals. Each business or organization member can list representatives. The Kona-Kohala Chamber has over 440 members with over 1,000 representatives - a significant amount of business leaders in the Kona and Kohala districts on the island of Hawaiʻi.
- Member Directory: Increase visibility and enhance your brand reputation with the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce! Your membership belongs to a collection of reputable businesses and organizations on the West side of Hawaiʻi Island. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership and can be found on this website. Members can be searched by business name, keywords or by category. Click here to go to our online DIRECTORY.
- The Source: This annual Chamber publication includes a business magazine plus our member directory in both a print and online version. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership. Exclusive advertising opportunities are available for Chamber members. Click here to view the digital magazine THE SOURCE.
- Member Spotlight: Promote your business through your Chamber membership. Submit a press release and logo to the Chamber and we will post on our website newsfeed and send in our weekly email sent to 1,000 business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. This is a free service that comes comes with your membership. Click here for the details about MEMBER SPOTLIGHT.
- Member Marketplace: Promote your business by advertising in Member Marketplace. We sent to a weekly email to over 1,000 Chamber representatives and post ads the Chamber's social media. Advertisements are colorful, fun, and gain the attention in the local business community. This is an exclusive advertising opportunity for Chamber members. The price is $50 plus tax per ad blast (email and social media) or sign up for the Member Marketplace package for $200 for 4 ad blasts and get a 5th for free! Click here for the details about MEMBER MARKETPLACE.
- Calendar: Submit an activity or event announcement to include in the Chamber's monthly calendar. Event posts are free and included in your membership. Click here to see the Chamber's CALENDAR.
- Job Posting: Share your job opportunities on our public website and with members. Free to post and included in your membership. Click here to see the Chamber's JOB POSTINGS.
- Aliʻi Circle: This is a program with enhanced membership levels that offers a full year of services and benefits. Learn more about the ALIʻI CIRCLE PROGRAM.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call 808-329-1758.
If you haven't already joined the Kona-Kohala Chamber, please fill out this online APPLICATION.
As a member of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, you join a large network of of business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. Through Chamber sponsored events and activities, you will establish rapport and build professional relationships. This is a very important component in creating success in business, especially on the island of Hawaiʻi.
In-person events include the following:
- Monthly AfterHours Networking Events
- Annual Luncheon with the Mayor and Hawaiʻi County Leadership with Business Expo
- Annual Membership & Installation Luncheon with Business Expo and Pualu Awards
- Annual Living & Design Home Expo
- Health & Wellness Expo
- Kuleana Green Business Expo
- Annual Golf Tournament
See the 2023 Event Calendar here: EVENTS
The Kona-Kohala Chamber has a very strong committee structure for member engagement. Chamber members are welcomed and encouraged to get involved by serving one or more of the Chamber's committees or task forces. This is an opportunity to work on topics of interest, exhibit skills/experience, and build professional networks - all while helping your Chamber achieve its goals!
Committees meet virtually each month for 1 to 1.5 hours depending on the group.
Chamber committees include:
- Economic Development Committee
- Education & Workforce Development Committee
- Golf Tournament Committee
- Government Affairs
- Health & Wellness Committee
- Membership & Marketing Committee
- Sustainability Committee
- Permitting & Housing Task Force
If you would like to join a committee, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you on the list to receive calendar invites with the zoom link.
Click here to learn more about the Chamber's COMMITTEES & GROUPS.
As a member organization, the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce brings together the business community as a strong, united voice to address key issues on our island and in our state. Priorities emerge through a comprehensive process that culminates with Board of Directors approval. These priorities, along with a detailed list of positions, guide advocacy efforts of the Chamber that may include meeting with elected officials, delivering testimony, writing letters or conducting forums.
For 2023, we believe the following priorities will improve business opportunity, strengthen our local economy and promote the well-being of our community:
HOUSING: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce supports housing projects at all inventory levels in West Hawaiʻi. This includes the development of infrastructure to support more housing along with an emphasis on improvements in Hawai‘i County’s permitting processes.
WATER DEVELOPMENT: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce strongly supports fresh water resource development, maintenance and protection in West Hawaiʻi. We encourage streamlining government regulation to provide predictability for development. Additionally, we support wastewater development, reclamation and recycling in West Hawaiʻi.
ASTRONOMY: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce supports culture, science, education and environmental stewardship on Maunakea. We strongly support the astronomy industry on Maunakea noting significant scientific discovery, global leadership, educational outreach, workforce pipelines, jobs and economic impact.
Click here for additional information including the full list of our position statements: PRIORITIES & POSITIONS.
To get involved with advocacy efforts, members are welcome to join our committees (see above).