MEMBER BENEFITS & SERVICES
The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit member organization that exists to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Members are businesses, organizations or individuals. Each business or organization member can list representatives. The Kona-Kohala Chamber has over 460 members with over 1,000 representatives - a significant amount of business leaders in the Kona and Kohala districts on the island of Hawaiʻi.
Annual Membership Dues:
Small Business (1-10 employees): $350
Medium Business (11-24 employees): $600
Large Business (25 or more employees): $1130
Non-profit Organization: $285
Associate (affiliated with large business): $250
Individual (no company affiliation): $250
*Ali`i Circle Membership - Mauna Kea Level: 5500.00
*Ali`i Circle Membership - Mauna Loa Level: $3300.00
*Ali`i Circle Membership - Hualalai Level: $2200.00
*Ali`i Circle Membership - Enhanced membership level that offers a full year of services and exclusive benefits.
One-time processing fee: $45
Please apply online: APPLICATION
- Member Directory: Expand reach and enhance your brand reputation with the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce! Your membership belongs to a collection of reputable businesses and organizations on the west side of Hawaiʻi Island. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership and can be found on this website under the 'Business Directory' tab. Members can be searched by business name, keywords or by category. Click here for the online DIRECTORY
- Magazine: With eye-catching imagery and relevant content, the Kona-Kohala Chamber publishes an annual business magazine that includes a member directory. Printed copies are sent to the membership and all businesses on the Hawaiʻi Island. The magazine is distributed at all chamber in-person events and a digital copy is promoted through chamber emails, the website and social media. Your business is listed in the member directory of this important chamber promotion. Exclusive advertising opportunities are available for members. Click here to view the digital magazine THE SOURCE
- Member Spotlight: Promote your business through your membership. Submit a press release and logo to the Kona-Kohala Chamber and we will post on our website newsfeed and send in our weekly email sent to over 1,000 business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. This promotional opportunity is a complimentary member benefit. Click here for the details about MEMBER SPOTLIGHT.
- Member Marketplace: Promote your business by advertising in Member Marketplace. Ads are sent in a weekly email to over 1,000 chamber representatives and posted to the Chamber's social media. Advertisements are colorful, fun and gain the attention in the local business community. This is an exclusive advertising opportunity for Chamber members. Click here for more details: MEMBER MARKETPLACE.
- Job Posting: Share your job opportunities on our public website and with members. This is a complimentary member benefit. Click here to see the Chamber's JOB POSTINGS.
- Sponsorship: Increase visibility by sponsoring a chamber event. Events include our luncheons, business expo, home expo, golf tournament or hosting the monthly networking events. Sponsors receive logo placement in advertisements, signage and presentations plus verbal recognition. It may also include an expo booth and/or front row seating depending on the event. Check events for details sponsorship opportunities. Click here for EVENTS
- Aliʻi Circle: This is an enhanced membership program with three tiers of packaged services. One annual payment includes membership dues, a suite of services and exclusive promotional benefits. Learn more about the ALIʻI CIRCLE PROGRAM.
As a member of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, you join a large network of business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. Through Chamber sponsored events and activities, you will establish rapport and build professional relationships. This is a very important component in creating success in business, especially on the island of Hawaiʻi.
- Monthly AfterHours Networking Events
- Each month the chamber membership gathers together at AfterHours - a time to meet, greet, and connect with fellow chamber members and the business community. This premier networking program allows members to establish rapport and build relationships while learning more about the host business. Only chamber members are eligible to host an AfterHours event. Find out more here: AFTERHOURS
- Annual Living & Design Home Expo
- This is a 2-day event open to the public at the Outrigger Kona Resort & Spa. Members are offered special pricing to exhibit. Exhibiting opportunities include 10 x 10 draped booths, multiple draped booths and tabletop booths. All exhibitors receive promotions in a West Hawaii Today's special insert. Sponsors receive a double draped booth (10 x 20) in a prime location, logo placement in all expo promotions, advertisement and article in West Hawaii Today's expo insert, social media posts and radio ads plus radio interview. Event sponsorship is only available for chamber members. Click here for more information: LIVING & DESIGN
- Annual Luncheon with the Mayor and Hawaiʻi County Leadership with Business Expo
- This event is open to chamber members and the community. Special pricing for chamber members. Front row seating is offered to sponsors and VIP seating is available for Aliʻi Circle members. Exhibiting at the Business Expo is open only to chamber members. Sponsoring the luncheon or business expo is only available to chamber members.
- Annual Membership Luncheon with Business Expo and Pualu Awards
- This event is open to chamber members and the community. Special pricing for chamber members. Front row seating is offered to sponsors and VIP seating is available for Aliʻi Circle members. Exhibiting at the Business Expo is open only to chamber members. Sponsoring the luncheon or business expo is only available to chamber members. Pualu Award applications are only open to chamber members. Click here for the 2023 recap with Governor Josh Green, M.D.: ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON
- Annual Golf Tournament
- The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce will hold it's 27th annual golf tournament in 2024. Plans are in the works to return to the Jack Nicklaus Signature Hualalai Golf Course at the Four Seasons Hualalai Resort. Here's a recap of 2023: GOLF
See the 2023 event schedule here: EVENTS
- Monthly AfterHours Networking Events
The Kona-Kohala Chamber has a very strong committee structure for member engagement. Chamber members are welcomed and encouraged to get involved by serving one or more of the Chamber's committees or task forces. This is an opportunity to work on topics of interest, exhibit skills/experience, and build professional networks - all while helping your Chamber achieve its goals!
Committees meet virtually each month for 1 to 1.5 hours depending on the group.
Chamber committees include:
- Economic Development Committee
- Education & Workforce Development Committee
- Golf Tournament Committee
- Government Affairs
- Health & Wellness Committee
- Membership & Marketing Committee
- Sustainability Committee
- Permitting & Housing Task Force
If you would like to join a committee, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you on the list to receive calendar invites with the zoom link.
Click here to learn more about the Chamber's COMMITTEES & GROUPS.
As a member organization, the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce brings together the business community as a strong, united voice to address key issues on our island and in our state. Priorities emerge through a comprehensive process that culminates with Board of Directors approval. These priorities, along with a detailed list of positions, guide advocacy efforts of the Chamber that may include meeting with elected officials, delivering testimony, writing letters or conducting forums.
For 2023, we believe the following priorities will improve business opportunity, strengthen our local economy and promote the well-being of our community:
HOUSING: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce supports housing projects at all inventory levels in West Hawaiʻi. This includes the development of infrastructure to support more housing along with an emphasis on improvements in Hawai‘i County’s permitting processes.
WATER DEVELOPMENT: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce strongly supports fresh water resource development, maintenance and protection in West Hawaiʻi. We encourage streamlining government regulation to provide predictability for development. Additionally, we support wastewater development, reclamation and recycling in West Hawaiʻi.
ASTRONOMY: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce supports culture, science, education and environmental stewardship on Maunakea. We strongly support the astronomy industry on Maunakea noting significant scientific discovery, global leadership, educational outreach, workforce pipelines, jobs and economic impact.
Click here for additional information including the full list of our position statements: PRIORITIES & POSITIONS.