The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit member organization that exists to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Members are businesses, organizations or individuals. Each business or organization member can list representatives. The Kona-Kohala Chamber has nearly 500 members with over 1,000 representatives - a significant amount of business leaders in the Kona and Kohala districts on the island of Hawaiʻi.
Member Benefits & Services
- Member Directory: Increase visibility and enhance your brand reputation with the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce! Your membership belongs to a collection of reputable businesses and organizations on the West side of Hawaiʻi Island. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership and can be found on this website. Members can be searched by business name, keywords or by category. Click here to go to our online DIRECTORY.
- The Source: This annual Chamber publication includes a business magazine plus our member directory in both a print and online version. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership. Exclusive advertising opportunities are available for Chamber members. Click here to view the digital magazine THE SOURCE.
- Member Spotlight: Promote your business through your Chamber membership. Submit a press release and image to the Chamber and we will post on our website newsfeed, send in our weekly email sent to 1,000 business leaders in West Hawaiʻi, and post on the Chamber's social media. This is a free service that comes comes with your membership. Click here for the details about MEMBER SPOTLIGHT.
- Member Marketplace: Promote your business through Chamber membership with this weekly advertisement sent by email to over 1,000 Chamber representatives and posted on the Chamber's social media. These advertisements are colorful, fun, and gain the attention in the local business community. This is an exclusive advertising opportunity for Chamber members. The price is $50 plus tax per ad blast (email and social media) or sign up for the Member Marketplace package for $200 for 4 ad blasts and get a 5th for free! Click here for the details about MEMBER MARKETPLACE.
- Calendar: Submit an activity or event announcement to include in the Chamber's monthly calendar. Event posts are free and included in your membership. Click here to see the Chamber's CALENDAR.
- Aliʻi Circle: This is a program with enhanced membership levels that offers a full year of services and benefits. Learn more about the ALIʻI CIRCLE PROGRAM.
As a member of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, you join a large network of of business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. Through Chamber sponsored events and activities, you will establish rapport and build professional relationships. This is a very important component in creating success in business, especially on the island of Hawaiʻi.
At this time, our activities and events are conducted virtually. This includes:
- Annual Membership & Installation Event with keynote speaker Governor Ige
- Meeting with the Mayor and Hawaiʻi County Leadership
- Panel Discussion and Guest Speakers on a variety of topics
- Member Orientations
- Committee Meetings
Committees: All committees are currently meeting virtually. Chamber members are encouraged to get involved by serving one of the Chamber's committees. This is an opportunity to work on topics of interest, exhibit skills/experience, and build professional networks - all while helping the Chamber achieve its goals! Click here to learn more about the Chamber's COMMITTEES.
VOICE of BUSINESS
The mission of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Business Advocacy is our #1 Strategic Imperative and an important service provided to our members.
- Kona-Kohala Chamber Priorities: Each year, a list of priorities position statements are generated by the membership. The Government Affairs and Economic Development Committees draft these priorities and present them to our Board of Directors for approval. Throughout the year, the President and CEO along with Chamber leadership advocate for these positions whether it's meeting with elected officials, drafting written testimony, orally testifying at the county or state level, sending letters in opposition or support of key initiatives, or attending gatherings, meetings or forums that pertain to business interest with government. Click here to view the Chamber's current PRIORITIES.
- House Select Committee on COVID-19 Economic and Financial Preparedness: Since March 2020, the KKCC President and CEO Wendy Laros has been serving on the State of Hawaiʻi House Select Committee on COVID-19 Economic and Financial Preparedness to advocate for the needs of West Hawaiʻi's business community. This committee is tasked with identifying economic and financial impact to the State, developing short-term and long-term mitigation plans and monitoring COVID-19 conditions and outcomes.
- West Hawaiʻi COVID-19 Economic Recovery: The KKCC Economic Development Committee has shifted priorities and has the following objectives 1) Focus on COVID-19 economic recovery, 2) Communicate public and private sector programs designed to help alleviate economic crisis, 3) Develop plans to relaunch local economy once the coronavirus crisis is over, 4) Identify collaborative partners, 5) Develop achievable tactics to get businesses open and employees working.
- Future Focus Initiative: This original Kona-Kohala Chamber initiative is designed to inspire direction for West Hawai‘i's business community. Learn more about the FUTURE FOCUS INITIATIVE.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-329-1758.
When you are ready to join, please fill out our online APPLICATION.