The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit member organization that exists to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Members are businesses, organizations, government entities, educational institutions or individuals. Each business or organization member can list representatives. The Kona-Kohala Chamber has nearly 500 members with over 1,000 representatives - a significant amount of business leaders in the Kona and Kohala districts on the island of Hawaiʻi.
Member Benefits & Services
- Member Directory: Enhance your brand reputation with the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce! Your membership belongs to a collection of reputable businesses and organizations on the West side of Hawaiʻi Island. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership and can be found on this website. Members can be searched by business name, keywords or by category. Click here to go to our online DIRECTORY.
- The Source: This annual Chamber publication includes a business magazine plus our member directory in both a print and online version. Your member listing is a benefit of your membership. Exclusive advertising opportunities are available for Chamber members. Click here to view the digital magazine THE SOURCE.
- Member Spotlight: Promote your business through your Chamber membership. Submit a press release and image to the Chamber and we will post on our website newsfeed, send in our weekly email sent to 1,000 business leaders in West Hawaiʻi, and post on the Chamber's social media. This is a free service that comes comes with your membership. Click here for the details about MEMBER SPOTLIGHT.
- Member Marketplace: Promote your business through Chamber membership with this weekly advertisement sent by email to over 1,000 Chamber representatives and posted on the Chamber's social media. These advertisements are colorful, fun, and gain the attention in the local business community. This is an exclusive advertising opportunity for Chamber members. The price is $50 plus tax per ad blast (email and social media) or sign up for the Member Marketplace package for $200 for 4 ad blasts and get a 5th for free! Click here for the details about MEMBER MARKETPLACE.
- Calendar: Submit an activity or event announcement to include in the Chamber's monthly calendar. Event posts are free and included in your membership. Click here to see the Chamber's CALENDAR.
- Aliʻi Circle: This is a program with enhanced membership levels that offers a full year of services and benefits. Learn more about the ALIʻI CIRCLE PROGRAM.
As a member of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, you join a large network of of business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. Through Chamber sponsored events and activities, you will establish rapport and build professional relationships. This is a very important component in creating success in business, especially on the island of Hawaiʻi.
- Chamber Events: Members receive special pricing and exclusive sponsorship opportunities for Chamber events and activities. Events include:
- Annual Membership Meeting/Luncheon
- Annual Meeting/Luncheon with Hawaiʻi County Leadership
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Annual Living & Design Expo
- Business Expos
- Hawaiʻi Employment Law Seminar
- Kuleana Green Business Fair
- Health & Wellness Fair
- AfterHours Networking Events
- AfterHours Networking Program: Join your fellow members at these monthly member gatherings designed to provide ample networking opportunities among members and prospective members. These pau hana events include food, drinks, a short program, and time to meet, greet and connect with the business community. Learn more about the Chamber's AFTERHOURS.
- Committees: Chamber members are encouraged to get involved by serving one of the Chamber's committees. This is an opportunity to work on topics of interest, exhibit skills/experience, and build professional networks - all while helping the Chamber achieve its mission and vision! Click here to learn more about the Chamber's COMMITTEES.
VOICE of BUSINESS
The mission of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Advocacy is a core value of our Chamber and an important service provided to our members.
- West Hawaiʻi Priorities: Each year, a list of position statements are generated by the membership. The committee that gathers these priorities is our Economic Development Committee who presents to our Board of Directors for approval. Throughout the year, the Executive Director and Chamber leadership advocate for these positions whether it's meeting with elected officials, writing testimony during the legislative session, sending letters in opposition or support of key initiatives, or attending gatherings, meetings or forums that pertain to business interest with government. Click here to view the Chamber's current WEST HAWAIʻI PRIORITIES.
- Future Focus Initiative: This original Kona-Kohala Chamber initiative is designed to inspire direction for West Hawai‘i's business community. Learn more about the FUTURE FOCUS INITIATIVE.
- House Select Committee on COVID-19 Economic and Financial Preparedness: Since March 2020, the KKCC Executive Director has been serving on the State of Hawaiʻi House Select Committee on COVID-19 Economic and Financial Preparedness to advocate for the needs of West Hawaiʻi's business community. This committee is tasked with identifying economic and financial impact to the State, developing short-term and long-term mitigation plans and monitoring COVID-19 conditions and outcomes.
- West Hawaiʻi COVID-19 Economic Recovery: The KKCC Economic Development Committee has shifted priorities and has the following new objectives 1) Focus on COVID-19 economic recovery, 2) Communicate public and private sector programs designed to help alleviate economic crisis, 3) Develop plans to relaunch local economy once the coronavirus crisis is over, 4) Identify collaborative partners, 5) Develop achievable tactics to get businesses open and employees working.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-329-1758.
When you are ready to join, please fill out our online APPLICATION.