Benefits & Services
The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit member organization that exists to provide leadership and advocacy for a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Members are businesses, organizations, government entities, educational institutions, or individuals. Each business or organization member can list representatives. Currently, the Kona-Kohala Chamber is over 500 members strong with 1,300 representatives - a significant amount of business leaders in the Kona and Kohala districts on the island of Hawaiʻi.
MEMBER DIRECTORY: By joining the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, you are added to a collection of 500+ reputable businesses and organizations on the west side of Hawaiʻi Island.
- Online Member Directory: Our member directory is available on this website through keyword searches or by category.
- The Source:This annual Chamber publication includes a business magazine plus our member directory in both a print and online version. Member listing is included in your membership. Exclusive member advertising opportunities are available. Please contact our Communications and Marketing Coordinator at email@example.com for specs and pricing.
MEMBER PROMOTION: Members have a variety of free or low-cost ways to leverage their membership to promote their business or organization. These include:
- Member Spotlight: Submit a press release to the Chamber and we can post on our news page and send in our Kona-Kohala Connections weekly email sent to 1,300 business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. This is a benefit that comes with your membership.
- Event Calendar: Submit an activity or event announcement to include in the Chamber's monthly calendar. Event posts are free and included in your membership.
- Job Posting: Chamber members are welcome to submit job postings that are added to this website. This is free and included with your membership.
- 15 on the 15th: This monthly advertisement is sent by email to all Chamber representatives on the 15th of each month. These 15 advertisements are colorful, fun, and gain the attention of up to 1,300 business leaders in our community. This is an exclusive advertising opportunity for Chamber members. The price is $50 per advertisement.
Note: Member promotions must be high quality and media ready. Please send to our Communications and Marketing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES: When you become a member of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce, you join a large network of of business leaders in West Hawaiʻi. Through Chamber sponsored events and activities, you will establish rapport and build professional relationships. This is a very important component in creating success in business, especially on the island of Hawaiʻi.
- AfterHours Networking Program: Join your fellow members at these monthly member gatherings designed to provide ample networking opportunities among members and prospective members. The Chamber's Ambassador Team will welcome you to these events hosted by Chamber members at a variety of locales, typically held on the third Wednesday of the month from 5 - 7 p.m. These pau hana events include pupus, drinks, a short program, and time to meet, greet and connect with the business community. Special member pricing $15. General admission $30. First-time general admission $15.
- Events: The Chamber sponsors a variety of events all year long that provide more networking opportunities. These include Business Expos, Luncheons, and more.
CHAMBER ADVOCACY - YOUR VOICE: The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce develops and supports positions on key issues that pertain to providing a successful business environment in West Hawaiʻi. Our list of Legislative Priorities are primarily generated through our Economic Development Committee and approved by our Board of Directors. Throughout the year, the Executive Director and Chamber leadership advocate for these positions whether it's meeting with elected officials, writing testimony during the legislative session, sending letters in opposition or support of key initiatives, or attending gatherings, meetings or forums that pertain to business interest with government. Advocacy is a core value of the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce and an important service provided to our members.