Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 Community Update - March 1, 2021
On Friday, February 26, KCH leaders welcomed Representative Jeanne Kapela from Hawaii’s fifth district on Friday. Rep. Kapela visited with hospital leaders and toured our campus, including our COVID-19 vaccine clinic.
KCH Mass-Vaccine Clinic Launched on February 25:
Kona Community Hospital launched our first mass vaccination clinic on Thursday, February 25 at the Kona Aquatic Center Gymnasium. The first clinic day was a huge success, with 563 vaccinations being administered to Tier 1B Kupuna (75+ years of age) and Educators. On hand to support this large-scale clinic were our partners from Ali`i Health Center, the County of Hawaii and the Hawaii National Guard. Photos of the event are attached.
Moving forward, KCH will continue to hold a mass vaccination clinic at the Aquatic Center Gym every Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Additional clinic days at the Kona Aquatic Center Gym will be held by the Hawaii County DOH and West Hawaii Community Health Center. Attached is a schedule of clinic days at the Aquatic Center.
--> Please see Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 update for March 1, 2021 (as of 1:00pm) below.
As of March 1, 2021 a cumulative total of 6 deaths have occurred in the hospital (no change since last update).
- 0 ICU
- 0 Med Surg acute care unit
- 0 ventilator(s) in use for COVID patient(s)
View Hawaii’s latest reported statistics:
· Total confirmed cases in State as of Feb 25: 27,503
· Total confirmed cases in County as of Feb. 25: 2,240
· State of Hawaii, Hawaii Emergency Management Agency: COVID-19 Information Hub
· Feb. 25: Weekly COVID Cluster Report
· Feb. 12: Daily Digest
COVID-19 vaccine clinic stats as of (February 27, 2021) COVID-19:
Kona Community Hospital
- 5564 = Total vaccines administered (1st and 2nd doses)
- 2247 = Total Kupuna vaccinated (1st and 2nd doses)
KCH Kupuna COVID19 Vaccine Registration & Scheduling ( for individuals 75+ only)
- 186 = Total vaccines administered (1st and 2nd doses)
Pre-registration form with instructions can be downloaded from the KCH website: https://kch.hhsc.org/wp-content/uploads/Kona-Covid-vaccine-registration-form-inst-III.pdf
- Register with KCH COVID hotline (808) 322-4451 or by email (voicemails will not be returned)
- Please do not call the hotline if you are not 75 and older as this delays the process for our kupuna.
- Note: First download the form, complete the form and then send it to our vaccine email address.
- Submit registration form via email to KCHCOVIDvaccine@hhsc.org
West Hawaii Today
• Feb. 27: ‘Mega clinic’ vaccinates hundreds for COVID in West Hawaii
• Feb.28: HMC is up to the challenge
Click here for the latest updates from the Hawai`i State Department of Health and the Hawaii County Civil Defense.
See additional COVID-19 information at the Kona Community Hospital website.
This update is provided to KCH stakeholders, community members and media outlets. It does not replace the internal KCH Employee Update. Dated information will remain on the update for one week.