Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 Community Update - June 4, 2021
Please see Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 update for May 28, 2021 (as of 4:00pm) below:
· As of June 4, 2021 a cumulative total of 7 deaths have occurred in the hospital (no change since last update).
- 3 total
- 0 ICU
- 3 Med Surg acute care unit
- 0 ventilator(s) in use for COVID patient(s)
COVID-19 vaccine clinic stats as of June 3, 2021 COVID-19:
· Kona Community Hospital
· Kohala Hospital
- 23,517 = Total vaccines administered
- 175 = 12 – 15 y/o range
- 430 = 16 & 17 y/o range
- 902= Total vaccines administered (1st and 2nd doses)
- Note: Kohala Hospital concluded its vaccine clinic on June 1. Kohala Hospital staff and support personnel from Kona Community Hospital launched operations of the COVID-19 vaccine clinic on December 29, 2020. Since then, their intrepid COVID Vaccine Team has administered 902 doses of the Pfizer vaccine to in-patient residents, employees and on-site contractors and community members.
Vaccine Clinic Wrap-up Update:
Kona Community Hospital operated our last vaccination clinic for first doses of the Pfizer vaccine on May 28. We will hold a final 2nd does vaccine clinic on June 17 at the KCH hospital campus clinic.
We have been honored to play a primary role in this very important public health initiative to provide vaccinations to our community. We will continue to play a support role to our community partners as they move forward with vaccination outreach activities.
For the immediate future, the KCH Call Center and COVID vaccine email address will continue to be manned:
· KCH Call Center 808-322-4451 (Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 2:00pm)
· KCH Email Address: KCHCovidVaccine@hhsc.org
#HIGotVaccinated campaign kicks off today:
· The Hawai‘i Department of Health is collaborating with businesses and organizations across the state to host #HIGotVaccinated events and promotions that encourage all residents ages 12 years and older to get their COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 vaccines are now easily accessible with walk-ins and extended hours at many vaccination sites.
· For details, visit https://hawaiicovid19.com/vaccine/
Current vaccination sites in Hawaii County can be found on the Hawaii County COVID-19 Vaccine Summary webpage. This site is updated regularly. In addition to vaccine locator information, it contains lots of useful VOVID-19 data and info.
View Hawaii’s latest reported statistics:
My Why Video Project: As we feel the COVI-19 pandemic lessening its grip on our community and our hospital, it is so important to remain vigilant and safe. With that in mind, we reached out to a number of employees to ask their “Why” when it comes to getting the vaccine and proper use of face masks and PPE. We’re pleased to share these heartfelt messages with our community. See more of the My Why video project from KCH employees.
- Total confirmed cases in State as of June 2: 36,471
- Total confirmed cases in County as of June 2: 2,996
Diane, Chief Nurse: My Why – Covid Vaccines
Emma, Research Statistician – Quality: My Why – Face Masks
Marla, KCH Acute Care Nurse: My Why – Face Masks & PPE
Stefan, KCH Education Dept.: My Why – Covid Vaccines
· Star Advertiser – June 3: Hawaii counts 69 new coronavirus cases, bringing statewide total to 36,471
See additional COVID-19 information at the Kona Community Hospital website.