Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 Community Update - February 16, 2021
We encourage all employees and community members to follow updates to learn current COVID-19 status and vaccine information.as the situation is rapidly changing.
Please see Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 update for February 16, 2021 (as of 1:00pm) below.
· 0 total
• 0 ICU
• 0 Med Surg acute care unit
• 0 ventilator(s) in use for COVID patient(s)
· As of February 16, a cumulative total of 6 deaths have occurred in the hospital (no change since last update).
View Hawaii’s latest reported statistics:
· Total confirmed cases in State as of Feb. 14: 26,906
· Total confirmed cases in County as of Feb. 14: 2,216
· State of Hawaii, Hawaii Emergency Management Agency: COVID-19 Information Hub
· Feb. 11: Weekly COVID Cluster Report
· Feb. 12: Daily Digest
COVID-19 vaccine clinic stats as of (February 10, 2021) COVID-19:
Kona Community Hospital
- 3805 = Total vaccines administered (1st and 2nd doses)
- 1349 = Total Kupuna vaccinated (1st and 2nd doses)
KCH Kupuna COVID19 Vaccine Registration & Scheduling Update:
- 186 = Total vaccines administered (1st and 2nd doses)
Kupuna vaccines are for individuals 75+ only.
Register on the KCH COVID hotline (808) 322-4451 or by email:
· Voicemails to this line will not be returned.
· Please do not call the hotline if you are not 75 and older as this delays the process for our kupuna.
· Pre-registration form with instructions can be downloaded from the KCH website: https://kch.hhsc.org/wp-content/uploads/Kona-Covid-vaccine-registration-form-inst-III.pdf
o Note: First download the form, complete the form and then send it to our vaccine email address.
o Submit registration form via email to KCHCOVIDvaccine@hhsc.org
Please expect a call back within 3 – 4 business days. Be assured we are working diligently to schedule all appointments.
Mass-Vaccine Clinics Launching Soon in West Hawaii:
KCH is coordinating with partners, Ali`i Health Center, West Hawaii Community Health Center and the County of Hawaii to launch large-scale vaccine clinics at the Kona Aquatic Center Gymnasium. We have a generous commitment of support from Civil Defense. Details will follow soon.
West Hawaii Today
· Feb. 16: Green: “really large percentage” of population should be COVID-immune by this summer
· Feb. 11: Great demand for vaccines older kupuna essential workers continue to be priority
· Feb. 11: Common questions about CPVID-19 vaccinations answered
Capitol Connection February Newsletter Hope for Hawai`i and the road ahead
Click here for the latest updates from the Hawai`i State Department of Health and the Hawaii County Civil Defense.
See additional COVID-19 information at the Kona Community Hospital website.
This update is provided to KCH stakeholders, community members and media outlets. It does not replace the internal KCH Employee Update. Dated information will remain on the update for one week.