Kona Community Hospital: Community Update – January 21, 2022
Please see today’s update below:
Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 update for January 21, 2022 (as of 9:00am):
- Hospital-wide census: 80
- 14 total COVID-19 patients
- 1 ICU (of 8 total ICU patients)
- 13 Acute Care Units
- 0 ventilator(s) in use for COVID patient(s)
- 7 vaccinated COVID patients in-house
- As of January 20, 2022 a cumulative total of 28 COVID-related deaths have occurred in the hospital (no change from previous report).
Current vaccination sites can be found on the Hawai`i County COVID-19 Vaccine Summary webpage.
Current Testing sites: The KCH Emergency Department is NOT a public testing site.
New: Order Free COVID-19 Testing Kits through the National Association of Community Health Workers (NACHW). The White House has authorized 4 free tests per household. Visit their site now to order your in-home testing kit(s).
Home testing kits:
West Hawai`i Testing Sites:
- This week, the White House approved the nation-wide distribution of in-home COVID testing kits. To order free COVID-19 testing kits, please visit COVIDtests.gov
- Efficacy of COVID Home Testing: We’ve had a number of questions about the reliability of home testing kits. Attached you will find an FAQ sheet regarding the efficacy of home testing kits.
Replacement Vaccine Cards Important Update: The KCH Call Center & COVID email address are no longer in use.
Question: What is the efficacy of COVID home testing kits? Research Summary: Click Here
- If you received a Pfizer vaccine at a KCH vaccine clinic, and need a replacement vaccine card, please contact KCH Medical Records at (808) 322-4473.
- KCH Medical Records cannot replace vaccine cards for vaccines administered at another site.