Kona Community Hospital: Community Update – December 23, 2021
Please see today’s update below.
Kona Community Hospital COVID-19 update for Dec. 23, 2021 (as of 4:00pm) below:
View Hawaii’s latest reported case counts are spiking:
COVID-19 case counts are soaring in Hawaii – including on Hawaii Island. We typically experience an increase in cases during and after holiday celebrations. Showing your love for family and friends will help the entire community. Here are six things you can do to guard against COVID-19 during holiday get-togethers.
6 Ways to protect your `Ohana this holiday season with safer activities:
- Hospital-wide census: 67
- 1 total COVID-19 patients
- 0 ICU (of 2 total ICU patients)
- 1 Med Surg COVID Unit
- 1 Long COVID patient
- 0 ventilator(s) in use for COVID patient(s)
- 0 vaccinated COVID patients in-house
- As of December 23, 2021 a cumulative total of 25 COVID-related deaths have occurred in the hospital.
Find information on COVID-19 vaccines and tests at www.hawaiicovid19.com.
Current Testing sites: The KCH Emergency Department is NOT a public testing site.
Visit County of Hawaii - COVID-19 Testing webpage for information and a listing of free community testing sites.
Current vaccination sites in Hawaii County can be found on the Hawaii County COVID-19 Vaccine Summary webpage. This site contains a calendar of vaccination sites.
Replacement Vaccine Cards Important Update: The KCH Call Center & COVID email address are no longer in use.
- Limit gatherings to household members
- Celebrate with fully vaccinated & boosted people
- Gather outside
- Wear masks inside
- Maintain distance
- Take extra precautions to protect kupuna and those who can’t get vaccinated
- If you received a Pfizer vaccine at a KCH vaccine clinic, and need a replacement vaccine card, please contact KCH Medical Records at (808) 322-4473.
- KCH Medical Records cannot replace vaccine cards for vaccines administered at another site.