2023 Employment Law Seminar, October 26Name: 2023 Employment Law Seminar, October 26Date: October 26, 2023Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM HSTRegistration: Registration for this event is closed. Contact the Chamber.Event Description:
2023 Employment Law Seminar Presented by Torkildson Katz, A Law Corporation
Protect your company!
The 2023 Hawaii Employment Law Seminar is key in providing up-to-date and relevant information to Hawaii employers about the most current human resources issues so you can protect your company.
This day-long seminar includes a presentation Torkildson Katz, A Law Corporation and a hard copy of the 2023-2024 Chamber Desk Manual: Labor and Employment Law for Hawaii Employers ®. Attendees will also be provided a continental breakfast and delicious lunch by the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa.
- Newton J. Chu, Director, Torkildson Katz
- Vaughn G.T. Cook, Director, Torkildson Katz
- Kendra K. Kawai, Director, Torkildson Katz
- Jenna A. Moriwaki, Torkildson Katz
Chamber members & SHRM members: $380
General admission: $450
Reservations are required. Space is limited. No walk-ins.
No refunds or cancellations after 1 p.m. Tuesday 10/19/2023
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM: Registration
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM: Welcome and Legislative Update
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM: From the Beginning: Creating the Employment Relationship. Avoiding the trips and falls, the latest court developments on how to carefully advertise, hire and onboard in a new era, including remote work and reasonable accommodation requests. What now - three years into covid?
- 10:00 - 10:15 AM: Break
- 10:15 - 11:15 AM: Managing the Employment Relationship: Rightful Discipline and Discharge. The latest court and legislative developments that must be met to safely terminate employees, including restrictions on settlement agreements, nondisclosure and noncompete agreements, and Equal Pay Act. An update on Supreme Court Religious Accommodation decisions.
- 11:15 – 12:00 PM: Is Your Workplace Expecting? Are You Prepping for 2023's Pregnant Workers? Fairness Act and Review of State Pregnancy Accommodation Requirements.
- 12:00 - 1:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:30 PM: FMLA and FLSA - Leave and Pay Issues. The US DOL and Hawaii DLIR Audits and Liability Explained. An Update on Supreme Court Affirmative Action Decisions and Potential Future Impact. Hawaii Legislature's proposed Pay Transparency Law explained.
- 2:30 - 2:45 PM: Break
- 2:45 – 4:00 PM: Immigration Law. Update on Audits and Penalties for Non-Compliance.
- 4:00 - 4:30 PM: Q & A