Hawaiʻi County Mayoral Candidate Interviews
The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce conducted interviews with Hawaiʻi County Mayoral Candidates in September 2020. The topics of the interview were based on the Chamber's priorities of COVID-19 Economic Recovery, County Permitting, Homelessness and Astronomy/TMT. The candidates were also asked questions about their backgrounds, government and vision for the future.
CHART: See candidates' positions compared to the Chamber's priorities.
RECORDINGS: Recorded interviews from each candidate below based on topic.
TOPICS & PANELISTS:
- Background & Economy: Government Affairs Committee Chair Jacqui Hoover
- Economy: Economic Development Committee Chair Ross Wilson, Jr.
- Permitting: Permtting Task Force Chair and Board Chair-Elect Dennis Boyd
- Homelessness: Executive Director Wendy Laros
- Astronomy/TMT & Vision for the Future: Board Chair Mark Leong
Mahalo to our Kona-Kohala Chamber Leadership for conducting these interviews!