Magazine Art Director RFP for The Source, 2020
The Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce (KKCC) is seeking an Art Director for its annual publication, The Source. Prospective candidates should submit a proposal, fee estimate and outline of related experience to complete duties stated in this RFP. The RFP is proposed for a one-year contract.
The Source is the Chamber’s annual business magazine and membership directory. It is published by the organization and comes out annually in January for distribution to members, their customers and the general public.
The Magazine Art Director is responsible for:
- Providing art direction and graphic design for the four-color, 52-page publication.
- Consultation with KKCC on placement of copy and page composition
- Selection of provided photos from editor and KKCC staff
- Scanning, image conversion and manipulation
- Client revisions and pre-press.
Upon final payment, Magazine Art Director will transfer exclusive usage rights of publication contents to the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce.
Additional duties of Magazine Art Director will include:
• Attend meetings with key participants either in person, on phone or virtually
• Serve as a liaison with the printer Journal Graphics to:
- Secure a print date and paper choice
- Prepare production schedule for KKCC staff and editor. Schedule will include input from editor to include proofing time by KKCC staff
- Coordinate online final “blue line” proofing
- Coordinate final delivery of books to Kona
• Place and verify ads provided by approved advertisers
• Prepare color PDF comps for client edits/revisions
• Provide and upload final version in high-resolution PDF files for printer
Magazine Art Director will receive additional compensation direct from any KKCC members requiring design and creation of advertisement. Deadline for Proposals is July 19, 2019. Email to email@example.com