This position is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, implementing the direction set by HTA, HVCB, and the IHVB Board of Directors. The position is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and review of all marketing activities by the Island of Hawai‘i Visitors Bureau, as the Hawai‘i Island chapter of the Hawai‘i Visitors and Convention Bureau.
Primary spokesperson for IHVB:
- Represents IHVB in contracts and negotiations with respect to legal, administrative, and marketing agreements
- Responsible and accountable for administrating the activities of IHVB
Board of Directors:
- Responsible for implementing the policies and decisions of the IHVB Board of Directors.
- Inform, update and communicate the marketing, administrative and financial status of IHVB.
- Provide a leadership role in marketing discussions and decisions.
- Coordinate market planning activities.
- Ensure sales and marketing decisions follow the IHVB Strategic Plan and the direction of the IHVB Board of Directors.
Sales & Marketing Responsibilities
- Create and establish an integrated Annual Tourism Marketing Plan with clearly defined objectives, target markets, strategies, and tactics that meet the goals of IHVB, HVCB, and HTA.
- Oversee the development; implementation and updating of the IHVB Strategic Plan to ensure that decisions are consistent with the direction of IHVB, HVCB, and HTA and with changing market trends and needs.
- Responsible and accountable for the development, administration, and review of all elements of the marketing mix (advertising, public relations/communications, travel trade/sales, and Meet Hawai‘i). Oversee and review marketing strategies and activities with the Senior Director of Sales and Senior Director of Marketing.
- Oversee and analyze market changes and trends and develop strategies to address changing market conditions.
- Build and develop relationships with non-traditional partners to encourage new opportunities for Island exposure.
Industry and Community Responsibilities
- Represent IHVB and Hawai‘i Island travel industry to HVCB, the State of Hawai‘i, and the County of Hawai‘i.
- Develop and build relationships and coalitions with the government, the travel industry, and community decision-makers.
- Support and provide initiative-taking leadership for Island issues.
- Formulate IHVB’s position with regard to industry and community affairs ensuring that Island interests are viewed positively.
- Coordinate Hawai‘i Island crisis control as a link between Hawai‘i Island Civil Defense and Island visitors as well as the island’s hospitality industry.
- Work hand in hand to support the HTA, International Contractors, and other Community Projects Contracts on Destination Management and the action plan set forth by the DMAP Steering Committee.
- Assist with communication plans to disseminate updates with any DMAP action items to the industry partners and community
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k Match / Safe Harbor
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org