Just as important as the goods or services you sell…maybe more important!
1. Overview of intellectual property, with a focus on trademarks. What rights does a federal trademark registration provide?
2. Is the trademark you use, or seek, available...in the U.S., in Japan, in Europe, in China? How to search trademark databases.
3. You applied to for a U.S. trademark and receive a refusal to register based on likelihood of confusion with another trademark. What do you do?
4. Someone is using your registered trademark! What do you do? What happens if you do nothing?
5. You receive a letter alleging that you have infringed another party’s trademark. What do you do? What happens if you do nothing?
Speaker(s): George Darby Hawai‘i SBDC
services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available to individuals with limited English proficiency as well as accommodations can be made for persons with disabilities. To make arrangements or for more information, please call 808-333-5000. The Hawai‘i SBDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are located at the NELHA
(Natural Energy Lab of HI) campus, accessed from Kaiminani Dr. (traffic light just south of the airport). From Kaiminani take a right onto Makako Bay Dr. and follow the road past the beach all the way to the end. We're in Hale Iako on the right side of the road.
Hale Iako (NELHA/OTEC Campus) 73-970 Makako Bay Dr. Suite 119 Kailua-Kona, HI 96740